Princess Diaries

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Standardized Tests are Not Fun!
So I have to study for the Millers Analogy Test this week as I need it for my grad school application (I am applying to the Clinical Psych Psy.D program at Colorado School of Professional Psychology.) Let me tell you, this is the dumbest test I have ever had to study for. I am currently in the middle of rememorizing everything I learned since kindergarden (ie: order of the planets and taxonomy) and memorizing as if I was a literature and art and history major in college. Here are a few examples of practice test questions:

(Rodin, Goya, Van Gogh, Blake): Claudel :: Degas : Valadon
Fluvial : Uxorial :: River : (wealth, uncle, oil, wife)
C : MM :: (vi, ix, xi, xiv) : CLXXX

I will spare you any more pain...but at least you know a bit of mine now! Any tips on mass memorization of useless information in a very short period of time? I already tried osmosis in college and it unforunately did not work! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home