Princess Diaries

Monday, January 05, 2009

Treatment Resumes
As you may recall, despite being cancer free now, I still have to go through radiation to make sure all of the Reed-Sternberg cells are dead. Technically, radiation is a much easier treatment in terms of short-term side effects with the only real anticipated problem of minor skin irritation (think sunburn). The bigger concern is possibility of breast cancer down the road from the radiation. I will be so closely monitored for the rest of my life I am not too worried about that though...what I am more concerned about right now is the fact that I have to wake up and be at radiation by 7:45am every single week day for the next fourteen days. I am really not a morning person and rarely wake up to an alarm clock; so, if I am grumpy over the next three weeks you'll know why! :) (And, yes, I did choose my treatment time...I wanted to get it out of the way early but am seriously wondering what the heck I was thinking when I choose that time!)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Kate,
    I know the road is long, but as long you keep walking, with good spirit, the prize will be priceless.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home