Princess Diaries

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Take That Cancer!

An update on my recovery: I celebrated my one month anniversary of my last day of chemo with a personal best ride while in California! While my fitness is not great and I have some work to do on endurance, I was able to average 175 watts/99 rpms for 90 minutes...not bad considering I was 30 days out on chemo! :) And, I started doing a bit of structured riding while out there with personal bests on my power starts, both legs, highest power I have ever produced on my road bike during a start! :) I got about 276 miles in during my two weeks out there and was super excited about how strong I was right after chemo. I hope to keep building my base this month during radiation and want to start back to real training in February.

In regards to other updates, my hair is still falling out; although, it is slowing down and I am not bald. I do feel like a kid with tufts of hair growing back up front though. And radiation has been lengthened to 20 days (versus the original 14)...my last day if February 2 now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home