Princess Diaries

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Weekend Trade: the Rockies for the Appalachians
You are probably wondering where I went for the past week or so...No, I wasn't drowning in school work (I actually am on break right now), I was actually coaching out in North Carolina for a few days. Let me say one thing, North Carolina (where I was) is anything but flat! After our ride on Friday, Peggy and Bobby (my athletes) took me sightseeing. We went up to Grandfather Mountain, the highest peak in the Blue Ridge range.
This is the bridge on top of Grandfather Mountain...on a calm day you can walk across it...the afternoon we were there, I would have been nuts to step foot on it. I now have a healthy respect for 24 mph winds with 70 mph gusts!
This is the view from up top...the picture does little to justify the incredible view!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home