Princess Diaries

Monday, April 30, 2007

Spring High School Retreat: Camping and Climbing!
This past weekend I went camping with the highschool youth group down by Canon City for our spring retreat. It was my first time to Shelf road, a local climbing mecca and it was beautiful!
These are the two climbs we had set up for anybody who wanted to try. The ropes on the left were a 5.5 climb, on the right was a 5.7 climb. Those numbers are ratings for degree of difficulty, climbs basically start at 5.0 and then go into the teens I believe. The wall on the left was about a 35 foot climb, on the right was a 50 foot climb. Considering I am a cyclist and have no upper body strength, I just wanted to try the left side.
This is one of the highschool guys going up the more difficult climb...he made it to the top pretty easily, though he is pretty experienced. I made to the top of the 5.5 AND the 5.7...though the 5.7 was not pretty! I had blood streaming down my leg midway up...the guys were pretty impressed with that...and it took me awhile but I made it up. And now my entire upper body is completely sore, although my legs are just fine which is good since the first track race of the season is this week!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home