Princess Diaries

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Infamous Incline
The Incline (old railway track) is a local favorite for a "good" workout (aka: self torture.) I do it once a year, just to remember why I don't do it more often. According to Renee, it's a mile long trail with 2,000 feet of elevation gain and an average grade of 41%. (This is the view from the bottom.)
Once you get to the top, it is pretty darn gratifying. I made it up in 39 minutes yesterday...that's not too bad considering I only do it once a year. And all of my cross training the past couple of months (hiking, backpacking, football) must have helped because my legs don't hurt too bad today...but then again, my knees are feeling awful so that might be masking any and all other pain I would normally feel.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger b fisk said…

    that thing looks epic! all this blogging about it make me want to do it too!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    just looking at that, you are never going to get me to do that!
    -chris

     

Post a Comment

<< Home