Princess Diaries

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Brilliant Idea to Climb the Incline!
I decided last night that I needed a break from the bike, so instead of riding today I made my way to Manitou Springs for my annual trek up the Incline...I will explain what that is tomorrow. Today is an injury report. As I was running down Barr Trail, I got a little cocky (thinking I was perhaps the greatest trail runner in the world) and of course I bit it hard! Since I was only midway down, I kept running...I didn't notice how bad it was until I ran past some lady and she was like "Oh my God, are you okay?!"
That's when I looked down and saw blood streaming down my legs...last year when I fell I had tights on so the gushing blood was kept to a minimum. This year it was a full fledge streaming. After getting home and cleaning them out, I would have to say I did a good job at tearing them up this time around!
It's a good thing that skin regenerates and repairs itself otherwise I would have nothing left on my knees considering how many times I have hit the ground this year. Anyways, it's official, I am better at pedaling circles than running on my own two feet!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Dude...seriously...I am glad you are ok...your ok right? That looks like it hurt!

    Larry

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger reastman said…

    Kate, funny thing is I did not read your blog before my trip down the incline. I feel like a wimp now because when you crash, you do it right.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home