Princess Diaries

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fun Times in the Mountains
I spent all weekend in the mountains. First, I helped to lead the HS youth group retreat in Fairplay.
We had an awesome weekend. Aside from the normal retreat activities, I also got to bomb around an old mine, have a leaders vs. kids food fight (really, it was leaders onslaught as the kids had no food) and water balloon fight as well (again, it was just us leaders with the ammo.)
After the retreat, I meet up with everybody at Bear Basin to go horseback riding. I have been begging Michelle (she owns BB) all year about riding...I hadn't been on a horse since I left IU in 2002!
I got to ride Mariah...she was for the experienced horsewoman. We came in second during our race up the hill. Really, if i had had the inside line, we would have won! :)

It was an awsome weekend...I love living in the Rockies! :) And man was I exhausted by Sunday evening...I slept 13 hours straight that night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home